The best vegan chocolate Christmas cookies
Its almost Christmas!! The perfect time to show off your baking skills! Don’t you just love the smell of freshly baked cookies in the house.
Dip them in some milk and you’ll feel like a child again! I love making these christmassy cookies as they are easily made, totally vegan, you don’t need many ingredients and they are super yummy! What more do you want this Christmas!
What you need
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup/ agave syrup
- 120g of buckwheat flower
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- powdered sugar
First, preheat your oven to 180 C (fan).
2. Melt the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup on a low heat. Then stir in the cacao powder, buckwheat flower and cinnamon. Mix well until it forms a dough.
3. Wait until it cools a little then roll the dough in-between two sheets of greaseproof paper. Make the dough about 5mm thick and simply use your own choice of cutters to create which ever form you may like – as its Christmas stars, Christmas tree’s etc. are ideal!
4. Place your cookies on a baking tray and place them in the oven for 8-10 min.
5. When taking them out of the oven make sure to let them cool down before you sprinkle some snow (powdered sugar) on top!
Warning: The dough is also really delicious so make sure not to eat everything before putting them in the oven! As you can see my puppy thought it was pretty tasty too!
Enjoy and wishing you all a lovely Christmas! ⭐️