We all need that little pick up sometimes and these Baobab energy balls are perfect for giving you a little energy boost! I have recently fallen in love with the new super fruit named Baobab. I’ve written an article about all the amazing benefits Baobab offers (click here to read it) and you’ll be surprised with the fact that we should actually be adding this to our daily diet! These energy balls have Baobab powder in them and they are full of iron and vitamin C that gives you that little boost you need!
I love making these energy balls as they are quick and easy to make and they are perfect for a healthy snack or as a pre workout! I always keep them in my fridge and as I make quite a big batch every time I can enjoy them at any time of the day and even on the go. Especially on stressful and busy days these are perfect to give you that little extra boost you need! Plus, they are super yum!
Makes 15 balls
- 1 tablespoon Baobab (to buy the one I use click here)
- 1 cup of medjool dates (10 dates)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hennep seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of peanut/almond butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 3/4 cup of almonds
- Desiccated coconut
- Chia seeds
- Hennep seeds
- Cacao powder
- Place the almonds in a food processor until they are fully crushed.
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and blend until it forms a sticky substance.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture at a time and use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Then roll the balls into some desiccated coconut, chia seeds, hennep seeds or cacao as a topping.
- Place them in the fridge for an hour to let them set. Store them in your fridge.
Done! Now you can enjoy your delicious and healthy energy boosters at any time of the day!