Simple avocado toast with roasted tomatoes
A simple Avocado Toast on a Sunday morning is exactly what makes me happy! It’s rich, delicious and extremely nutritious. Avocado is full of healthy fats, vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and actually contains more potassium than bananas. An avocado is known to be high in fat, but these fats are in fact monounsaturated fatty acids which is a very heart-healthy fat. Eating avocado’s often may even help to lower your cholesterol and to help you lose weight. All this is stored within a small avocado which also happens to taste absolutely delicious! I think thats a win win!
Here is how I love to make my Avocado Toast with roasted tomatoes on crunchy Rye bread.
- Slice of your favourite bread (I use Rye bread)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small shallot
- 1 big avocado
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the flesh out which you then place in a bowl.
- Chop 3 cherry tomatoes and the shallot in small pieces, then add them to the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Then mash all the ingredients together using a fork.
- Now heat up a pan and add a splash of olive oil. Place the rest of your tomatoes in the pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat and roast them until slightly brown.
- When the tomatoes are done place them on your plate and leave them to rest.
- Now you can toast your bread.
- Spread the avocado mash over a piece of toast and finish off by squeezing some lime on top.
So simple, so healthy and so yum!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras