Summery Strawberry Chia Jam
Days are getting longer and mornings are getting warmer, which means it’s time to whip out the fresh strawberries and create something summery to get in the spirit! Jam is a classic in any household but it usually consists of lots of sugars. This strawberry jam has no refined sugar but instead has lots of vitamins from the fresh fruit and protein which comes from the chia seeds. This means it’s a great way to start the day!
Put some on your porridge in the morning, on a cracker as a snack or even on a cheeky piece of cake or on pancakes as a topping! It’s super yummy and definitely very healthy!
- 250 grams fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- Start by placing the agave syrup and strawberries in a sauce pan and bring them to boil.
- Let them simmer for about 5 min, stir regularly.
- Then mash the strawberries using a fork or a potato masher.
- Once the strawberries are mashed stir in the chia seeds.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 min, stir often.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken remove from the heat and poor it in an airtight jar.
Keep the jam in the fridge and you’ll be able to enjoy it for around a week. Buon a petite!X
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras