Summery fennel and orange salad
Summer is on it’s way which means its time for smoothies, acai bowls and summery salads! I personally love the combination of fruit and vegetables in a dish as fruit makes even the most boring plate vibrant and exciting. Which is proven in this simple and delicious salad! Orange and fennel is the perfect combination of crunchy and juicy and gives an amazing texture and flavour. This is one of my favourite summer salads that you can whip up on any day!
- 2 handfulls rucola
- 2 large oranges
- 1 large fennel
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Start by cutting the fennel in small pieces.
- Then peel and slice the orange in pieces (keep the juice that spills from the orange, it’s great to drizzle on top of your salad at the end).
- Get two big hands full of rucola and place it in a big bowl.
- Equally sprinkle both the pieces of fennel and orange on top.
- Drizzle the extra orange juice you had kept from earlier over the salad.
- Also drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top and season with some salt and pepper.
Toss everything up and you’ve got yourself a deliciously fresh salad in no time! Bon appétit!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras