Who doesn’t love a good burger. Especially being vegan I’m guilty of fancying a delicious burger especially knowing that vegan burgers are actually very healthy and nutritious and at the same time really comforting. Especially in the summer I love to sit outside on a warm evening with friends and get our hands dirty. Whenever I fancy a burger it’s this recipe that I love to make as it’s easy, healthy and absolutely delicious. It’s always a winner!
Makes 6 medium burgers
- 1 tin (340g) sweetcorn
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- ½ a bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- nut oil
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 6 wholemeal burger buns
- 3 large tomatoes
- ½ medium white onion
- 2 hands full of spinach
- salt and pepper
- First drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn, make sure no water remains. Then place them in a food processor.
- Then also add the spices, flour, coriander, grate in the lemon zest and season with some salt and pepper.
- Pulse this mixture until everything is combined, but not smooth – you want to retain some texture.
- Dust a plate or a surface with flour and scoop out your mixture with a spoon shaping them into 6 individual burgers. Try to make them equally sized.
- When done leave them in the fridge to firm up for about 30 min.
- Put some oil in a large pan over a medium heat and bake your patties for about 8-10 min, until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Slice your union and tomatoes into slices, and wash your spinach.
- First toast your burger buns and then you’ll be ready to create your burger!
- Get the bun and place your patty on the bottom,then layer with slices tomato, onion and spinach. Add some ketchup or vegan mayo for the ultimate delight.
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras