Summery Strawberry Tarts
These strawberry tarts are the perfect dessert to make in the summer. It’s healthy, super delicious and you will definitely impress your friends when you serve them this perfect little tart!
If you are having a big crowd over or you would like to make a birthday cake, instead of making small tarts you can also triple the recipe and make a big tart out of it. Just as yummy and of course, more cake equals to more happiness!
Makes 4 tarts
For the base
- 25 grams cashew nuts
- 75 grams pecan nuts
- 2 tablespoons rasped coconut
- 3 medjoul dates
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon hempseed
For the filling
- 300 grams plant based yoghurt (I used soya)
- 1 tablespoon rasped coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 hands full of strawberries
- First place the chia seeds in a bowl with about 5 tablespoons of water. Wait for the chia seed to expand and form a jelly, this will take about 10 min.
- Then place all the ingredients for the base in a blender and blend until it forms a sticky mixture.
- Cut baking paper into smaller pieces and place them in your muffin tin. Divide the sticky nut mixture over 4 bottoms to make a base for your tart. Make sure to put some pressure to create a good base.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl and add the rasped coconut, vanilla powder, agave syrup and the chia seed jelly and mix well.
- For the next layer get a heaped tablespoon full of the yoghurt mixture and place it on top of your nut base.
- Cut your strawberries into small pieces and add it to the remaining yoghurt mixture.
- Use the strawberry yoghurt mixture as a last base to your tart.
- Cut half a strawberry and place it on top as a finishing touch.
- Then simply place it in the fridge for at least 1.30 hours to make sure your tart sets.
Don’t they look great! Summery, flowery and simply beautiful! Enjoy!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras