Vegan hazelnut chocolate cookie ice-cream sandwich
This is the ultimate treat that is so easy to make but oh so delicious! Especially in the summer it’s always fun to make a little bit of a naughty dessert and this one will always be one of my favourites! Grown ups will lick their lips and get stuck in just as much as the littles ones will do, no one will be able to resist!
Makes 6 cookies
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons flower
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 hands full of hazelnuts
- First preheat your oven to 180c.
- Place the hazelnuts in a blender and pulse a few times until they are broken into small pieces – make sure you don’t blend them too much as you don’t want them to turn into powder.
- Combine the almond butter, agave syrup and coconut oil in a bowl and mix until it forms a smooth texture.
- Then add the flower, salt, vanilla powder and pieces of hazelnut and mix well until it forms a dough.
- Form 6 balls of the dough using your hands and place them evenly spread out on a sheet of baking paper.
- Then press them down to form the cookies.
- Place them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once they are done let them cool down so they will become firm and you’ll be able to make a perfect ice-cream sandwich.
- In-between two cookies put a scoop of your favourite ice-cream. I like to make mine with home-made banana ice-cream. Press the top cookie down and you’ve got yourself the most delicious vegan ice-cream sandwich! Enjoy!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras