Dates are an ingredient I love to use while baking. Whether in cakes or smoothies, it makes everything a little sweeter and delicious! Not only do they have this amazing deep flavour they are also extremely healthy and will give you lots of energy, especially in the morning!
These breakfast cookies are sticky, chewy and are filled with comforting flavours. They are also very healthy and full of vitamins giving you lots of energy to make sure you get the best start to the day! Waking up with a cup of coffee while dipping in one of these will surely make you smile! The combination of coffee and these date breakfast cookies is amazing, the most delicious way to wake up!
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150 grams oats
- 6 medium medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon linseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Preheat your oven at 180c.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash them with a fork until smooth.
- Apart from the dates add all the remaining ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Then cut your dates into small cubes and add these to the bowl, gently mix them in.
- To form the cookies use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture one at a time, then use your hands to form them into balls which you then place on a lined baking sheet. Then use your fingers to squish them down to form the cookie shapes.
- Bake them for about 15 min until slightly brown.
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras