Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
I am head over heals about banana bread! I think its the yummiest breakfast or snack which is also super healthy and gives you tons of energy! Win win!
This banana bread is extremely easy to prepare and you’ll love how comforting the flavours are. The texture of the bread is spongy and slightly firm on the outside with a slight crunch from the caramelised topping of walnuts. I love to spread some peanut butter on top for some extra deliciousness!
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown flower
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + 1 tablespoon for topping
- Coconut oil to grease the loaf tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c.
- Place the almonds and pecans in a food processor and blend for about 20 seconds until it forms a flour.
- Then place the flour mixture into a large bowl and add the vanilla powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, brown flower and last the maple syrup.
- In another bowl mash the bananas until they are smooth. Then add the banana mixture to the large bowl and mix everything together well until it forms a sticky mixture.
- Grease in your loaf tin with coconut oil and simply pour in the banana bread mixture.
- As a topping break the walnuts into a few smaller pieces (in half or in 4) then place them in a small bowl. Add about a tablespoon of maple syrup and mix until all the walnuts are covered with syrup.
- Simply place the syrup covered walnuts on top of the banana bread.
- Place it in the oven for about 1 hour.
- You know your banana bread is ready when its slightly golden and when sticking a knife in it comes out clean!