Pasta Rosa (Pink pasta)
When you thought pasta couldn’t be any more dreamy – let me introduce you to Pasta Rosa! I absolutely love making this pasta as it’s healthy, delicious and it’s the perfect way to impress any pasta lover! It’s extremely easy to make too, all you need is a pan to boil your pasta and a blender for the sauce – which means you’ve got this impressive dish whipped up in no time! I sometimes like to make a little extra sauce to then keep in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s great the next day for a different type of pasta (like penne) or even as a dip or spread.
- 3 medium beetroots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pinch oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil
- 80 grams spaghetti
- Peel and cut the onion, beetroot, garlic and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Once everything is chopped place the onion, beetroot, garlic and tomatoes in a food processor. Then add a splash of red wine vinegar, pinch of oregano, a splash of olive oil and season with some salt and pepper, now blend until smooth.
- When your sauce is done boil some water with salt for your spaghetti and prepare as instructed on the package.
- Once your spaghetti is done and drained place the spaghetti back into the pan and add your pink sauce – mix well.
- Grab a hand full of fresh basil and cut them into long strips (julienne).
- Place your Pink Pasta on a plate and finish off by sprinkling over the fresh basil, a little splash of olive oil and a little more salt and pepper if it needs it!