For any chocolate lover (like me) this is the ultimate recipe!
This chocolate mousse is so smooth, flavourful and if you are looking to satisfy your chocolate cravings then this is definitely the most healthy but also the most satisfying dessert you could ever make.
It may seem strange at first to be making chocolate mousse with avocado, but it actually gives the mousse a very smooth texture. All the other ingredients will also overpower the avocado flavour so I’m sure no one will even believe you have used avocado’s in the first place!
- 1 banana
- 1 large avocado
- 4 teaspoons cacao
- 80 ml almond milk
- 8 medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- First, pit your dates and soak them in boiling water for at least 10 min, so they get nice and soft.
- Then place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until everything is smooth.
- Place your mixture into bowls and leave in the fridge to set.
- When serving top of with a spoon of coconut yoghurt and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras
I absolutely love this recipe and make it all the time! Its perfect for when you know you have to get up early the next morning so you whip up a quick batch the evening before and leave it in the fridge overnight! Its also a great snack and the perfect sweet and healthy dessert for after dinner! Plus, its so easy, quick and everyone will enjoy it! Even the little ones!
This recipe is designed for breakfast to give you a little boost in the morning! Its full of protein, antioxidants, omega 3 and calcium! I love to add matcha to my recipes due to its amazing health benefits and its energy booster that will leave you feeling energised for 4-6 hours getting you ready for the day! If you want to read more about matcha’s surprising health benefits click here!
Prep time: 5 min
Serves: 4 portions
What you need:
- 2 cups of almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- Add all ingredients together in one bowl and stir for a few minutes until mixture is blended together well creating an even mass.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably over night) leaving it to set.
- When formed into a gel like pudding scoop into a glass/bowl and top with banana, crushed cacao and crushed almonds.
Easy, quick, healthy and delicious! Buon a petite!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q – who never leaves my side!
Click here for more info about the Leica Q