I love this almond milk as its so creamy and nutty! I use it for baking, I add a splash in my coffee or I love to simply pour it over my Home-made Granola! Its even delicious just by itself, I always finish a big glass of it straight after I finished making it!
Almond milk is extremely healthy and its full of amazing vitamins. But its very hard to get a delicious and healthy almond milk in shops as its usually full of sugars and hardly any almonds have been used to make it. This is why its so good to make your own batch! Plus, its easy!
- 2 large cups raw organic almonds
- 8 cups water plus more for soaking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 unpitted dates
- Tiny pinch sea salt
- Soak the almonds for at least 12 hours in a large bowl of water with a pinch of sea salt. The longer you leave the almonds to soak, the creamier your milk will become!
- Drain the soaking water and rinse the almonds well.
- Place all the almonds in a blender and add the water, vanilla powder and dates.
- Blend this for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy! (Make sure you aren’t filling up your blender to the top as the almond mixture will expand so make sure it does not overflow)
- When blended pour the almond mixture into a large bowl through a cheesecloth.
- Once you have drained all the almond milk you have the almond flour left over – which you can dry in the oven and use it to bake something else delicious with!
- Pour your almond milk into a glass jar and make sure to close the lid when keeping it refrigerated!
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras