I am head over heals about banana bread! I think its the yummiest breakfast or snack which is also super healthy and gives you tons of energy! Win win!
This banana bread is extremely easy to prepare and you’ll love how comforting the flavours are. The texture of the bread is spongy and slightly firm on the outside with a slight crunch from the caramelised topping of walnuts. I love to spread some peanut butter on top for some extra deliciousness!
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown flower
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + 1 tablespoon for topping
- Coconut oil to grease the loaf tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c.
- Place the almonds and pecans in a food processor and blend for about 20 seconds until it forms a flour.
- Then place the flour mixture into a large bowl and add the vanilla powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, brown flower and last the maple syrup.
- In another bowl mash the bananas until they are smooth. Then add the banana mixture to the large bowl and mix everything together well until it forms a sticky mixture.
- Grease in your loaf tin with coconut oil and simply pour in the banana bread mixture.
- As a topping break the walnuts into a few smaller pieces (in half or in 4) then place them in a small bowl. Add about a tablespoon of maple syrup and mix until all the walnuts are covered with syrup.
- Simply place the syrup covered walnuts on top of the banana bread.
- Place it in the oven for about 1 hour.
- You know your banana bread is ready when its slightly golden and when sticking a knife in it comes out clean!
Lately I found it hard to find a vegan bar which isn’t full of sugar and is actually a healthy snack to be taking on the road. I’m pretty sure I am not the only one whose on the hunt for a snack like this! Well, stop the search because I found the ultimate power bar which isn’t only healthy, it also tastes super delicious!
Aduna has just released their new energy bars and they taste just as vibrant as they look! It’s the ultimate summer bar which are perfect to throw in your beach bag. I am currently in the South of France and I do not leave the house without them! My favourite is ‘Berry Bite!’ It’s like biting into a strawberry cake! I’m truly in love!
They are made from dried fruit and nuts and powered by nutrient-rich African superfoods. Which means they are extremely nutritious and really will give you the healthy energy boost you need. Absolutely no sugar is added, it’s packed with vitamins and minerals and it’s 100% natural – what more do you want! I have also noticed that the little ones absolutely love them as they are chewy and sweet.
Not only do I love these bars because they are healthy, but I also fully support what the brand stands for. Aduna is an Africa-inspired health food brand and social business. The ingredients are sourced by small-scale producers – 700 women in Upper East Ghana are employed and have a sustainable income to take care of their family. Aduna is a beautiful brand from the inside out.
I am truly in love with these bars and I’m sure you will fill your beach bag with them too!
Click here to know more or to buy your very own!
I am personally in love with anything coconut related. It will always remind me of those summery island vibes. These Coconut Macaron Bites are the ultimate example of how much I actually love coconuts – crazy for coco!
They are simple to prepare and you don’t need many ingredients at all. Plus, the whole family will love them – even the little ones. I love making them on a Sunday morning as a little Sunday treat but they are also perfect to make for a children’s birthday party if you want to put something sweet on the table but also something slightly more healthy!
Makes 10 Coconut Macaron Bites.
- 130 grams rasped coconut
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven at 175c.
- Simply add all the ingredients together in one bowl and mix well.
- Then take out a spoonful one by one and use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Place them on some backing paper and put them in the oven for about 15 min until golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool down before serving.
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras