We all have a soft spot for pancakes! This is my favourite pancake recipe so far and I love making it on weekends for breakfast as a little treat. They are super easy to whip up and and extremely tasty. As I am Dutch I grew up with pancakes and my mother always used to make them thin and crispy. Now I have finally created a recipe which tastes just like hers, but then with a healthy & vegan twist!
For the pancakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 450 ml almond milk
- 300 grams wholegrain flower
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons runny coconut oil (plus some for baking)
- Coconut yoghurt
- Handfull of pecans
- Rasped coconut
- Place all the pancake ingredients in one bowl and mix well until it forms a smooth texture. You need the mixture not to be too thick but actually slightly runny as you need to be able to make the pancakes thin and crispy when you bake them. (If it’s too thick add a little almond milk)
- Heat up a frying pan with a little coconut oil and scoop in some batter mixture.
- Bake your pancakes until golden and slightly crispy on both sides.
- When serving top them off with a spoon of coconut yoghurt and sprinkle some rasped coconut and crushed pecans on top.
All images shot with my beautiful Leica Q
Click here for more info about the Leica Q and other cameras